North American Office
Epic Kayaks & Paddles is a leading brand within the paddlesports industry. With a comprehensive range of surfski, kayaks, paddles & accessories, our quality products suit a wide range of paddlers, from recreational right through to elite paddlers. With an elite performance background, Epic Kayaks remains at the forefront of the surfski industry.After over 20 years at the forefront of surfski market, we continue to strive for excellence across our world leading surfski and paddling products designed and built for ALL paddlers. Our values are to provide enjoyable experiences regardless of your paddling skills or location. Whether for fitness, friends, family or just plain paddling fast, our community is very important to us, as is sharing the water sports lifestyle across the world. Whether downwind paddling or cruising along a river, there is an Epic for you and, just as important, a community of paddlers close by to help you on your paddling journey.
With this passion and sense of excitement in mind, we are looking to grow our established US team. Whilst we have strong company representation in both the East and West Coasts of the country, backed up by some fantastic retailers of our products, we feel there is an opportunity for growth in key areas of the country, either where there is an existing paddling community or indeed greenfield sites just waiting to become paddling’s next hub.
What are we looking for:
• Candidates who are passionate about paddling, preferably existing Epic paddlers (a particular level of paddling is not required, but paddling within your DNA is a huge advantage)
• ‘People person’ - a genuine affinity with dealing with people is a pre-requisite for this new role
• Sales focused candidates with some basic computer skills, i.e. office related tasks
•A general ‘can do’ attitude, whether that be at an event, demo or boat delivery
The successful candidate would be looking for a career in the paddle sports industry, with all of the benefits of paddling (performing demos, talking to customers, paddling at races or indeed paddling in general) with the realities of the paddling business; driving deliveries (where required), general warehouse work, preparing boats and generally getting ‘hands on’.
The successful candidate will join our growing but intimate US team, a self-starter who is very comfortable and enthusiastic in a sales/customer service environment.
As a key member of the US team, the successful candidate(s) shall be part of the face of Epic in the US - an exciting and enjoyable role, particularly for people who can juggle sales with a love of paddling!
• A full-time package, including incentives to be negotiated
• A free ski for use throughout the year
• Regular attendance at races & company events
• Suitable training to be provided
•The ability to work with a great brand and become part of the family!
•Flexible work hours, with a hybrid type role envisaged (please see location(s))
What we need from you:
• Previous sales experience is preferred but not essential - your personality and energy is more important to us!
• Previous paddling experience is preferred - but your passion for paddling (both on and off water) is even more important than prowess on the water
• We need people who are excited about the challenges that new business sales brings and the rewards that come with it
• The ability to create a role that allows flexibility whilst being an important cog in the community of paddling.
Whilst we are currently physically located in both Tennessee and San Francisco, we are currently encouraging applicants not only from these company owned sites but indeed the following regions (for a more flexible/hybrid based role), including:
• North East
• Mid South
• South East
Essentially, if you think you meet the pre-requisites and share our passion and vision in your local (and surrounding areas) contact us today.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. See you on the water soon!